Bill Evans Quintet - Interplay (LP)
Almost every one of the eleven albums featuring Bill Evans that were issued during his pivotal early years (1956-1964) with Riverside were trio performances. Of the two exceptions, one was strictly speaking not an Evans record (Know What I Mean?, a quartet album that featured Bill but was under the leadership of Cannonball Adderley). The other is Interplay. Adding trumpet and guitar to create an unusual quintet alignment, concentrating on standard tunes, and with brighter tempos than are generally associated with his playing, it is a uniquely valuable addition to the catalog of perhaps the most important pianist in modern jazz.
- You And The Night And The Music
- When You Wish Upon A Star
- I'll Never Smile Again
- You Go To My Head
- Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
- A uniquely valuable addition to the catalog of perhaps the most important pianist in modern jazz.
- Recorded with Freddie Hubbard, Jim Hall, Percy Heath, Philly Joe Jones.